Tuesday, July 26, 2011

YEAR UPDATE!

Christopher and I just had our first year anniversary!!!! What a year it has been! Looking back I'd say that we've had a pretty good one. There had been so bad moments, but I think the good really overcomes the bad by far!
Good Things That Have Happened This Past Year:

1. Received my endowments- This was an amazing accomplishment in my opinion. I feel really blessed and relieved that we have something as amazing as this wonderful gift for Heavenly Father. It brings tears to my eyes to know that I am worthy to receive such a blessing like it.

2. Got married for time and all eternity!- Again, this is one of my greatest accomplishments not only because I thought that I would never find the guy that would accept me for me, but because I can receive the blessings that are promised to me. By getting married in the temple I have the greatest blessing of all- An Eternal Family!!!! I will also receive other blessings because I got married in the temple, but by far, an eternal family is probably the best one.

3. We got our first car!- (this actually happened before Christopher and I got married), but I still helped pay for it. I have always wanted a car of my own, and it was definitely a plus of getting married!

4. Christopher got a fantastic job!- At a place called Citi Trends. It's a big promotion because he is making double what he was making at his old job at Gordon's Jewelers. Now he sells clothing and accessories. So far he rally likes it, but it takes a lot out of him. I hardly get to see him too. he has to work 45 hours every week so he gets two days off. (Usually Sunday's and Thursdays)

5. We are in the process of buying our house!!!!!- YAY! I can not even begin to scrape the surface on the joy of buying our house! I'm so tired of living in these stupid apartments! Pretty much everybody who lives here smokes and is a young college student. So we have loud nights and cigarette butts on our door step and trash thrown into our deck. It's pretty nasty. Then everyone who lives here thinks that they have to have a dog! Every time we open our front door we get a big whiff of dog crap! There is a designated area that you're supposed to take your dog to go potty that's separated from the apartments, but everyone is too lazy to do it. They pretty much just open their front doors and take five steps onto the grass and then let them poop right there in front of the building on the grass. It is for sure gross and I'm just done with it. (what really bugs me about moving though is that we will have to pay 1000 dollar fee to break our lease because no one would take it from us. :-( )

6. I'm pregnant with our first baby!!! Lillian Michelle Windham is due on September 3rd, 2011, but I'm pretty sure she's going to come before that because she has already dropped and I am already about one centimeter dilated! I'm ready for her to come out because quite frankly she is starting to annoy the heck out of me! I just want to meet her and see her!! Christopher is going to be a great Dad, and I can't wait to see him with our baby.

So those are the good things that have happened. I don't really want to write about the "bad things" that have happened this past year because I don't like to think about the bad things all the time, so just know that the good definitely outweighs the bad by far!

Well, that's the year-update that I'm sure most of you already knew about!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mel,
    Your profile is uber cute! Also, your year has been awesome! I am more than half way there! Only 5 more months to go and then I will be at my one year too! I love you

    ReplyDelete