Monday, July 11, 2011

And waiting....

So right now I just feel like a bump on a log. I really just want to MOVE!!!! I'm soooo tired of this stupid apartment and the people upstairs and the people across from me that flick their cigarettes on my doormat! I feel like I should pack and do tons of cleaning. Technically we can close by next week...except for the fact that mama and papa Windham are gone till the 24th. I want to get started on moving in soooo bad! I would be able to do so much more to set up the house before the baby comes. I really want to paint and set up the nursery. I really want to paint the walls of the dining room and kitchen and I want to have time to deep clean EVERYTHING before we move in there! I really want our house to be inspected for termites too, but Christopher doesn't right now. He says we can just do it later. Doesn't he know that I'm a cleaning fanatic and if I find bugs around our house (ESPECIALLY in the kitchen) that I would have to spend hours cleaning everything out so that I can rest assured that my house will be bug free??!!! I know it might sound crazy to anyone but myself, but I really don't like bugs in the house. Bugs outside of the house are fine though. I don't mind them living in their natural habitat.
On a different note; I hate how Christopher is so loud when he gets ready for work in the morning. I was hoping to sleep in a little later than I did today because I've been so tired lately but I couldn't find the strength to ignore the loud bangs of Christopher brushing his teeth. All well. Maybe I will pack up more stuff and make our house look totally bare for these last couple of weeks living here (exactly 14 days!!). If I really wanted to I could just leave out enough outfits for Christopher and I for two weeks and pack up EVERYTHING else so that when it's time for us to move, we'll be so ready we could move in a day! Course after we close I want to go to the house and clean everything really well first so that I can get that nasty, grungy smell out. Then we can move in the next day!

Update on Lilly:

Lilly is currently sleeping but I have a feeling as soon as I lay back down or get something to eat she will be up again. Lately when she moves my whole tummy moves like the waves of an ocean! Sometimes I get scared that because she's moving around so much she's going to make my tummy explode. I feel like she might be strong enough to punch a hole in my uterus sometimes. I only have 8 more weeks to go and I am begging to get really anxious! I just want to her come out but at the same time I want her to stay in there so that she could cook as long as she's supposed to. I have another ultrasound on Thursday at 2pm! I'm so excited for that! I hope she'll let us take a nice profile picture of her for her baby book. Speaking of baby books, I'm hoping to find the perfect one for Lilly even if it means custom making one. I'm willing to do that because I want to make sure she gets one because I never did.

Anyway, that's all for now!

7 comments:

  1. Mel, termites look like worms and they're really small. They stay in the wood. You won't find them in your house...well, you'll find them in the wood in your house, but nothing else. Didn't you guys have an inspection before you got the house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. silly... I'm not only talking about the termites.
    We know we don't have any.,
    But there may be cockroaches and other things like that.
    Texas has so many cockroaches and they get in EVERYwhere. they are disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "pest" inspection checks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melanie! I saw you on my list of followers and found your blog. Congrats on the coming arrival!! That's awesome! You will be a great Mom and congrats on your marriage I hope everything is well with you guys. Luv- Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a major problem with bugs and I am scared that there will be some in the apartment we are moving into in North Carolina. Yuck, yuck. I want to spray for bugs as soon as we get there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I want to go eat some good Southern food as soon as we get there, too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously! Bugs are gross! They make me feel dirty.

    ReplyDelete